Posts for category: Skin Treatments
If there are certain flaws with your skin and face that you want to fix, you may have considered if cosmetic surgery could be right for you. There are many options for cosmetic surgery that you can choose from to meet any of your needs and fix any flaws that may be bothering you. Dr. Ruben Moreno and Dr. Frank Lee at Florida Dermatology Associates with offices in Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay, Cocoa, Suntree, and Titusville, FL, and serving Melbourne, FL, can help you decide if cosmetic surgery is right for you!
Is Cosmetic Surgery Right for You?
There are different types of cosmetic surgery offered by your dermatologist in Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay, Cocoa, Suntree, and Titusville, FL, and serving Melbourne, FL, that can help with different types of flaws you might be struggling with. Often, people consider cosmetic surgery to help combat signs of aging or to help with discoloration and hyperpigmentation in the skin.
Your dermatologists offer many different minimally invasive procedures that can help keep your skin looking even and young. These procedures also require either very little or no downtime, and very little discomfort. You can talk through all of your cosmetic surgery options with your dermatologist to decide which will work best for you!
Some common forms of cosmetic surgery include:
- Laser Resurfacing
- Laser Hair Removal
- Intense Pulsed Light
- Dermal Fillers
- PDO Threads
- Chemical Peels
With these treatments, you’ll be able to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, sunspots, age spots, fine lines, or sagging skin.
Contact Your Dermatologist Today!
Ask your dermatologist if cosmetic surgery is right for you! Contact Dr. Ruben Moreno and Dr. Frank Lee at Florida Dermatology Associates with offices in Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay, Cocoa, Suntree, and Titusville, FL, and serving Melbourne, FL, to learn more about cosmetic surgery today! Call (321) 768-1600 for the offices in Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay, Suntree, and Titusville, FL, and (321) 264-6266 for the office in Cocoa, FL.
Florida Dermatology is proud to serve the communities of Cocoa, Titusville, Palm Bay, Cocoa Beach, and Melbourne, FL. We offer laser cosmetic procedures to help your skin look and feel better. Even when you take great care of your skin you may have cosmetic concerns that laser procedures can help with.
Laser cosmetic procedures can help give you a more youthful appearance. If you are curious about our cosmetic procedures but unsure of what would be best for you, consult with your dermatologist. Our doctors are uniquely qualified to evaluate your skin and can tell you what to expect from different treatments. These are the most common laser cosmetic procedures we offer our patients in Cocoa, Titusville, Palm Bay, Cocoa Beach, and Melbourne, FL:
- Laser hair removal is the most popular cosmetic laser procedure. Utilizing a laser, your dermatologist can remove unwanted hair. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle and prevents future hair growth. This is a process that takes several sessions but leaves you with smooth and hairless skin.
- Skin laser resurfacing is a treatment that resurfaces and rejuvenates your skin. This treatment improves the texture and overall appearance of your skin.
- Photorejuvenation is a more gentle treatment than resurfacing. It works by targeting Intense Pulsed Light on tissue. The light's energy has a restoring effect. This treatment is recommended for pigmentation, light wrinkles, and redness, Even the appearance of some scars can be helped with photo rejuvenation.
If you are unsure what treatment would be best for the issues you are targeting, our doctors are happy to consult with you and walk you through what to expect with each procedure. Laser cosmetic treatments are a subtle way to improve your appearance without drastically changing it. If you're looking for a more youthful appearance that still looks like you, our laser cosmetic treatments can help.
Florida Dermatology is here for you with locations in Cocoa, Titusville, Palm Bay, Cocoa Beach, and Melbourne, FL. Contact us for an appointment at (321) 768-1600.
Do you have any issues with your face or body? You can turn to cosmetic surgery treatments that are specifically developed to resolve cosmetic imperfections that make individuals feel less confident about their looks. Here at Florida Dermatology Associates in our Cocoa, Titusville, Palm Bay, Cocoa Beach, and Melbourne, FL, our dermatologists, Dr. Ruben Moreno and Dr. Frank Lee, offer a variety of cosmetic surgery solutions for all sorts of cosmetic skin concerns.
The Need for The Right Cosmetic Surgery Treatments
As we grow older, our physical appearance, most notably in the face, changes as well. This means that the cosmetic surgery procedures that will offer the best possible outcomes will likewise change. Depending on your personal physical attributes and cosmetic needs, which will certainly change as you age, certain treatments will be more appropriate than others to give you the specific results you desire.
With this in mind, a thorough evaluation by your dermatologist in our Cocoa, Titusville, Palm Bay, Cocoa Beach, or Melbourne, FL, office is necessary to pinpoint which particular cosmetic surgery options will be most effective and safest for you.
In Your 20s
Individuals in their 20s usually don’t have aesthetic concerns related to aging, so preventive treatments are key. These can include minimally-invasive treatments to improve skin texture and health, as well as minimize the look of sun damage, acne scars, and other concerns that contribute to premature aging.
In Your 30s
At this age, most individuals only require little, but consistent, maintenance to preserve their youthful look. This is when lines and wrinkles start to surface. Thankfully, these could be resolved with non-invasive cosmetic surgery procedures with limited downtime. These typically include Botox injections, chemical peels, laser therapy for skin tightening and resurfacing, photo facials, injectable fillers, and the like.
In Your 40s
Based on the severity of your skin concerns at this stage, say deeper wrinkles, excess fat on the face, or loose skin, your dermatologist may suggest less invasive treatments for more effective results.
In Your 50s and Beyond
Individuals who are 50 years old and older may require more potent and more regular skin rejuvenation treatments to combat existing concerns and prevent them from progressing further. Daily and diligent application of skincare items that your dermatologist recommended could likewise help you preserve all the results you’ve experienced with your cosmetic surgery treatments, regardless of your age.
Speak to Us to Learn More About Which Cosmetic Surgery Treatments Will Work For You
Book a visit with Dr. Ruben Moreno or Dr. Frank Lee here at Florida Dermatology Associates by calling (321) 768-1600 to reach our Cocoa, FL, Titusville, FL, Palm Bay, FL, Cocoa Beach, FL, or Melbourne, FL, office.
Would you like to improve your appearance with cosmetic surgery? Minimally invasive cosmetic procedures can help you improve your appearance or look more youthful. If you live in Melbourne, FL, area, Dr. Frank Lee and Dr. Ruben Antenor Moreno of Florida Dermatology Associates can help you decide which type of cosmetic surgery is right for you.
What to think about if you're contemplating cosmetic surgery
It's important to consider:
- Your Goals: Setting goals can help you decide which procedures you'll need. For example, if you want to look younger and more refreshed, you'll need to treat lines and wrinkles and replace lost volume in your face. Although treating either wrinkles or volume alone would be helpful, treating both issues would offer the most dramatic change to your appearance.
- Your Budget: Refreshing your appearance may be less expensive than you think. Your dermatologist offers a range of treatments with varying costs.
- Recovery Time: As recovery times vary depending on the procedure, it's important to think about average recovery times. Some procedures may leave your face a little red for a few days or weeks, while others may only cause mild redness or bruising for a day or two.
What types of cosmetic procedures are available
One or more of these procedures may help you achieve your goals:
- Injectables: Injectable treatments are a good choice to treat visible signs of aging. Botox treatment smooths frown lines, forehead furrows, crow's feet and lip lines. Fillers replace volume lost in your cheeks, lips, under your eyes and in other areas.
- Chemical Peels: Peeling away the outer layers of your skin with a chemical solution removes fine lines and wrinkles and can also help minimize acne scars.
- Dermabrasion: Dermabrasion also removes the top layers of the skin to reveal smoother, more youthful skin underneath.
- Laser Treatments: A variety of laser treatments reduce sagging, smooth lines and wrinkles, fade age and sun spots, and eliminate unwanted hair and spider veins.
- Facials: Facials offer a simple, inexpensive way to renew your appearance by exfoliating your skin and infusing it with antioxidants that help combat the signs of aging. Facials are often combined with other treatments.
Are you ready to enhance and revitalize your appearance with cosmetic surgery? Schedule an appointment with Melbourne, FL, area dermatologists, Drs. Moreno and Lee of Florida Dermatology Associates by calling (321) 768-1600 for the Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay, Port St. John, Suntree and Titusville offices.
Do you dislike signs of aging on your skin? Freckles, unwanted hair, sagging, loose skin, scars, broken blood vessels, fine lines and wrinkles may be inevitable, but they can be well-managed for a totally refreshed look. At Florida Dermatology Associates in Cocoa, Titusville, Palm Bay, Cocoa Beach, and Melbourne, FL, board-certified dermatologists, Dr. Ruben Antenor Moreno and Dr. Frank Lee, offer many aesthetic and medical skin services, including cosmetic laser treatments. Achieve your skin goals safely, predictably and comfortably.
Why would a skin doctor use a laser?
In dermatology applications, a laser is a small hand-held tool that delivers highly-focused light energy to the skin. The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery explains that these innovative instruments have gained tremendous popularity and usefulness over the past two decades. Applied directly to the skin, they stimulate collagen, the skin's elastic protein, improving skin color and texture.
Your dermatologists actually remove fine layers of skin or unwanted hair follicles with their laser tools. The procedure requires varying amounts of downtime and produces side effects such as redness, puffiness, scabbing and tenderness at the treated sites.
What laser treatments are available at Florida Dermatology Associates?
Dr. Moreno and Dr. Lee offer these laser services:
- Laser resurfacing softens the appearance of scars, wrinkles, sun spots. This in-office treatment feels like a small elastic band snapping against the skin, but in general, it is far more comfortable than traditional surgical procedures. Most patients require more than one treatment for best and longer-lasting results.
- IPL, or Intense Pulsed Light, is a gentler cosmetic laser treatment suitable for sun damage, rosacea rashes, fine lines and vascular issues, such as spider veins. Dermatologists call IPL non-ablative because it removes no skin layers, but it does help stimulate collagen.
- Laser hair removal actually heats individual hair follicles on the upper lip, cheeks, chest, bikini lines and other areas of unwanted hair. As hair grows cyclically, you may need several treatments for optimal removal. This service is performed in just minutes at Florida Dermatology Associates.
Innovation with results
If you're tired of trying to cover unwanted signs of aging, or want unwanted hair controlled, arrange a consultation at Florida Dermatology Associates. Dr. Moreno and Dr. Lee have the experience, expertise and tools to give you the results you desire for healthier, younger-looking and flawless skin. We have offices in Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay, Port St. John and Suntree. Phone us at (321) 768-1600.