Your Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay, Cocoa, Suntree and Titusville, FL, dermatologists offer patients several cosmetic procedures. These procedures help patients obtain the youthful look you want.
Botox is an FDA-approved treatment. It is used to eliminate and/or reduce wrinkles and creases on your face. It paralyzes the muscles that contract and the create wrinkles and creases. The muscles are contracted due to the release of a chemical called acetylcholine. When the patient is injected with Botox, the production of acetylcholine is blocked, therefore stopping the contraction of the muscles.
Botox is a unique cosmetic procedure. It has almost no downtime and doesn't take long to be done or completed; you can actually go back to work right after the treatment. Botox doesn't cause patients to lose their capability to show facial expression and, although it is a simple process, a licensed professional will administer the Botox treatment. A doctor who understands the sensitivity of the treatment and is an expert when it comes to the facial anatomy should be the only one to conduct this treatment.
Botox is almost painless. Previous patients say the injections feel like pinches, but doctors use ice to help alleviate that slight nip. The procedure lasts 3 to 4 months.
Laser Skin Rejuvenation
Laser skin also rejuvenates your skin. Laser therapy removes the outermost layer of damaged skin. Here are a few laser skin rejuvenation procedures offered by your Cocoa Beach, Palm Bay, Cocoa, Suntree and Titusville doctors:
- Forever Young BBL
- ProFractional Resurfacing
- Contour TRL
It results in resurfacing and smoothing away wrinkles and superficial blemishes like:
- Age spots
- Uneven skin tone
- Enlarged pores
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Liver spots
- Superficial scars
- A dull complexion
Laser skin rejuvenation takes about 30 to 45 minutes to treat the whole face. It removes the outermost layer stimulates collagen production, which improves skin elasticity.
The procedure consists of:
- You'll need to consult with your doctor so they can determine if laser skin rejuvenation is the right cosmetic treatment for you.
- If this is the right procedure for you, your doctor will set an appointment for you to come in.
- The procedure will begin by numbing the area and provide you with the agreed upon local anesthesia, complete sedation, or no anesthesia at all.
- A light beam is used to sends short pulses of light over the skin to enable removing the outermost layers of the skin.
- Your doctor will bandage up the area and provide instructions on post-procedural skin care.
If you have any questions, be sure to contact your dermatologists Dr. Ruben Antenor Moreno and Dr. Frank G. Lee at Florida Dermatology, with offices in Cocoa, Titusville, Palm Bay, Cocoa Beach and Melbourne, FL.